The endocannabinoid system of animals
Our hairy people, like humans, have an endocannabinoid system that interacts with the CB1 and CB2 receptors. CBD interacts with these receptors and they respond in much the same way as they do in humans.
The CB1 receptor focuses on brain activity and the central nervous system, and the CB2 receptor is found in peripheral organs, such as the immune system.
Before starting a treatment, we have to keep in mind that there are psychoactive cannabinoids such as THC that have a more powerful effect on our pets and could compromise the health of the animal, that is why our CBD Oil is characterized by having Zero THC. That is why we have to be very rigorous when choosing a good CBD Oil that is 100% natural, without chemicals or pesticides.
Therapeutic properties of CBD for pets.
- Analgesic effects: CBD can stop the absorption of Anandamide, so it helps to reduce the sensation of pain.
- Anti-inflammatory: Because it interacts with the CB2 receptor, it activates the immune response, which helps reduce inflammation in pets suffering from arthritis, multiple sclerosis or irritable bowel syndrome.
- Anti-epileptic: Cases of epilepsy are very common, especially in small animals, and CBD is the most effective cannabinoid against convulsions, spasms and epilepsies because it helps restore neuronal order.
- Antiemetic: Numerous studies show that CBD can reduce nausea and vomiting without side effects.
- Anxiety and Stress: Conventional medications to treat these disorders work with the 5-HT1A receptor, which temporarily increases serotonin levels thus decreasing anxiety and stress. CBD acts in a similar way, the big difference being that it is 100% natural and contains no chemicals.
- Homeostasis: This process, in both humans and animals, consists of achieving a correct functioning of the organism. The endocannabinoid system plays a very important role in this balance, so CBD can help the process of homeostasis.
- Rich in proteins: CBD Oil helps to maintain a balanced immune system, as it is a source of proteins containing 20 amino acids that the body is unable to produce, in addition to the 9 essential amino acids.
- Fatty acids, vitamins and minerals: Cannabidiol is a natural source of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, which helps balance blood triglyceride levels. It also contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C, D, E and is rich in minerals such as Iron, Beta-carotene, Zinc, Potassium, Calcium, Selenium, Phosphorus, Manganese and Magnesium.
In conclusion, it can help both our little friends and us to maintain and strengthen our immune system.
Dosage of CBD for animals
This is one of the most complicated issues due to the weight and size of our pets. As for people, it will also depend on the problem to be treated. In any case, it should not be a substitute for veterinary treatment, but a complement.
You should always start with a very low dose and increase it when necessary, that is why the most suitable CBD Oils for our furries are those of low concentration.